30 December 2006

resolutions

Each year we resign ourselves to determining a new year's resolution which we, at least for new year's eve night, promise to abide by whether it be losing weight, giving up soda, refraining from the frequenting fast food, waking up early every day, etc... Certain years we make these resolutions with total determination to see it through for an entire year. Other times we simply vow to abide by this resolution because we know it something we should currently be doing without a new year pressuring us into committing to it.
As we embark upon this new year, I've had a few realizations within the past month. First, and most importantly, I turn 25 this year. And to my own severe disappointment, I am not quite where I wanted to be at 25. Every day feels the same. While I'm not incredibly overjoyed with my job, I am at least somewhat content. I have too much debt partnered with too much weight and not enough happy moments. Secondly, I need to change my lifestyle or I'm going to continue on this present path of mine which I am not too thrilled about. So this year as my new year's resolution, I resolve to get my life on the right track.
2006 consisted of a lot of poor decisions coupled with a lot of life experiences. This year I resolve to figure out a career path and a life path and actively seek it. Of course, as part of my resolution, weight loss is included but is not my sole resolution since I have tried that in the past without much success. I'm also going to figure out my next move as far as career and location is concerned and go after both. So here's to a new year full of endless possibilities.

No comments: