25 July 2007

grow some balls ladies

"I love this man, and have for many years. He has told me that he loves me and yet we have never truly been in a relationship. He got his serious girlfriend pregnant recently and they are due for a little boy. Last night he asked me to be the other woman. I dont know what to do. I want to, but i dont know if i can deal with the emotional side of things. Can I do this with knowing how i would feel if the roles were reversed?"

We all know these women, have been these women, or have simply read about these women for they are everywhere. Women whose self-image has sunken so far into the abyss that the only confidence they now boast comes from being the "other woman." These are the sad women who pathetically cry out because "no one loves them" yet they remain in a "relationship" (if you can even call it that) with a man who is already emotionally taken in the hopes that maybe someday he will leave his wife for me.

While I am certainly not an advocate for cheating, I am certainly a huge advocate for honesty. If you are the other woman for a man who has been completely honest with his wife about your relationship and you have been honest with yourself about what you will and will not get out of your relationship with him emotionally, sexually, and financially then by all means play on. But if you are a woman who has to hide in the shadows, always meeting in stray hotel rooms for late night encounters grow some balls and move on.

"Im currently in the position of the other woman.He has a girlfriend and a baby with her(an accident),is miserable and says he is madly in love with me.Hes divorced and has a boy with his ex wife and is 20 years older.regardless i love him more than i thought possible.The hurt and the pain we are going to cause plays on my mind everyday."

It is women like this who make women like me frustrated as hell and I am ashamed to have these women in the same league as myself. If you are not strong enough to realize your own self-value and worth then perhaps you do deserve to be strung up in this man's web conveniently available whenever he desires and conveniently forgettable as he desires.

Honestly, how can you love someone who treats you as their backup? Someone who uses you more for your convenience rather than for your witty and bubbly personality. As women we deserve to be treated with respect and kindness not indifference and feigned interest. Grow a pair why don't you and move on.

No comments: